TODAY'S DAILY REFLECTION: Trust in Jesus, the Resurrection and the Life
Wednesday, July 29, 2026
Memorial of Saints Martha, Mary, and Lazarus
Readings: Jeremiah 15:10, 16–21 • Psalm 59 • John 11:19–27
In today's Gospel, Martha welcomes Jesus with a heart weighed down by grief over the death of her brother, Lazarus. Yet even in the midst of her sorrow, she remains steadfast in faith. When Jesus declares, "I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in Me will live, even though they die," Martha responds with unwavering confidence, "Yes, Lord, I believe that You are the Messiah, the Son of God."
Martha's faith teaches us that trusting in God does not mean living a life without tears or trials. Rather, it is in times of suffering, loss, and uncertainty that our faith is tested and refined. God does not always change our circumstances immediately, but He is always present, offering hope, strength, and new life.
Many times we pray for our problems to disappear as quickly as possible. Yet before changing our situation, the Lord first invites us to trust in Him. When our faith remains firm, we will witness God's work unfolding in His perfect time.
Today, let us ask ourselves: Do I truly trust in Jesus—not only when everything is going well, but also when I face difficulties and trials? A steadfast faith gives birth to hope, and that hope never disappoints.
Prayer:
Lord Jesus, You are the Resurrection and the Life. Strengthen my faith so that I may trust in You in every circumstance. Give me a heart like Martha's, steadfast in confidence in Your power and love, so that I may live with hope and become a witness of Your love to others. Amen.
May God bless us all. ❤️
Dr. Manuntun Sitinjak
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar